Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ritual Skirts...

As some of my friends may know, I altered a design I found in a craft book to create a wonderful Samhain ritual skirt last year. My ultimate goal is to have a skirt for each Sabbat and a few general ritual skirts for non-holiday rituals.

Unfortunately my plans have been put on hold due to time and money constraints. This means that I do not have a Yule skirt and I will not be making an Imbolc skirt before the Sabbat is upon us. Instead, as a treat to myself, I am going to spend some time on Imbolc meditating on the meaning of the Sabbat, reading entries on it in the books I own, and designing my ideal Imbolc ritual skirt so that I may sew it when I can afford the materials. I must say, I am really looking forward to this year's Sabbats, whether or not I have my skirts. But that is content for another blog.

I know my posts lately have been incredibly short... and rare... but I am making an honest effort to be online more often. There are so many crafts I want to do but my time is limited. Hopefully I can budget my time better, however, and get more done so I may share it with everyone. At the very least I will have one of the pomanders for the wedding done by the beginning of next week and I will have that to show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment